General Job description: Working under the direction and supervision of the Foreman, the Installer is responsible for completing project requirements in accordance with the contracted scope of work. This job requires efficient installation of lighting fixtures, related devices and materials to the satisfaction of IES quality expectations, working constantly to meet schedule and cost objectives. Quality, workmanship and an eye for detail are important on each job.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate and maintains lifts, scaffolding, ladders, hand and power tools, completing work following written and verbal instructions.
- Review project specifications and obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Utilize expertise and care in performance of job duties with respect to materials, components, equipment, systems, methods of installation, safety procedures, safe work practices and company standard operating procedures.
- Work with crew to load and unload vehicle with required materials, tools, and equipment needs to ensure everything needed to complete the job is on hand when needed.
- Strive to meet customer and company expectations of timely job completion while maintaining high levels of quality workmanship taking responsibility for work performed and accountable for deficiencies.
- Effectively communicate with customer personnel while performing work, remaining courteous and maintaining a professional image at all times.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area, ensuring site safety at all times.
- Report directly to Foreman and Project Manager: report issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Attend training and meetings as required.
- Guarantee satisfactory completion of route/project by assisting crew members to safely pack unused material and recyclables as directed by foreman.
- Return company vehicles(s), equipment/machinery, assisting with route closure and documentation requirements.
- Participate in route end activities: off-load vehicle, carefully returning unused material offloading recyclables to trailer, perform other duties as directed or required.
- Complete satisfactory project wrap-up at direction of foreman. Job is not complete until Foreman signs off on RCF document. Failure to comply with these responsibilities will result in write up or docked pay.
Qualifications and Skills:
To qualify for consideration, an applicant must possess the following skills. Possession of these skills is a prerequisite for employment.
- 1-2 years of lighting technician experience preferred.
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools.
- Must be able to operate a scissor lift/boom lift.
- Valid driver's license or state issued ID required.
- Must be willing to travel multiple weeks continuously.
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have high standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Must follow directions and work effectively and efficiently with other members of the team.